How Skills-Based Hiring Will Get You the Best Talent
Hiring the right employee is now more important than ever.
As our community recovers from the COVID-19 crisis, rebuilding our economy equitably is at the forefront of workforce hiring practices for many employers. A skills-based approach to hiring can increase retention by up to 65% and improve staff performance, reduce bias, and improve inclusivity and equality in your hiring process.
Skills-based hiring and talent management are important elements in advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion, and the Markle Foundation’s Skillful Talent Series is a set of tried-and-true curricula and related tools to empower employers seeking to hire the best talent for jobs openings without overlooking job seekers who don’t have formal degrees and credentials.
Skills-Based Hiring Benefits:
- Reduce time-to-hire and increase your company's diversity
- Attract great candidates for hard-to-fill positions with changes to your job descriptions
- Diversify your team by reducing bias and barriers during recruitment
- Learn how to hire based upon competencies rather than credentials to find the most-qualified candidates for your jobs
- Receive five professional development credits towards your SHRM-certified professional certification. SHRM provides continued education for its two certifications: SHRM-Certified Professionals (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM-Senior Certified Professionals (SHRM-SCP®). To maintain certification, participants need 60 hours of professional development credits (PDCs).
Learn more about Skillful
- Skillful Talent Series: www.markle.org/rework-america/skillful/#skillful
- Skillful Success Stories: www.markle.org/rework-america/skillful/#skillful-stories